|Organisation||RSVP (Rape and Sexual Violence Project)|
PO Box 9558
Our Independent Sexual Violence Advocates (ISVAs) offer practical and emotional support if you have reported to the police and are going through the court processes. They can also support you if you are considering going to the police and want to discuss what will happen. The decision to report will always rest with you.
Our ISVAs will ensure that your views, opinions, wishes and feelings are respected, and listened to by all agencies and people involved.
Our ISVAs offer:
• Emotional support
• Help with the court process, including pre-trial visits, and compassionate support while witnesses give their evidence
• Talking to the police on your behalf
• Updates on the investigation process or court case
• Liaison with other agencies (i.e. health services)
• Referrals to other agencies for partners, children, parents, or friends who may also be affected
|Categories||Advocacy,Support for victims|
|Staff Qualifications||1 Degree or Diploma in counselling or final year of working towards degree/diploma 2 National Service Standards – Specialist Sexual Abuse 3 PQASSO|
- Staff are suitably qualified