Church of England Birmingham has set up a dedicated phone-line offering 1-2-1 pastoral support and prayer for bereaved people.
This faith-based CofE ministry is specially for anyone whose loved-one has died recently in hospital, in residential care or at home - a family member, friend, colleague or neighbour, or someone you have been caring for through your work.
We can also offer pastoral support to those who are anxious about relatives who are gravely ill, especially if you are not able to visit them in person.
To access this ministry please dial: 0121 426 0405
You will be asked to leave us a message with your name and telephone number.
A member of our pastoral care team will call you back as soon as possible. We aim to respond within 24 hours.
• This Bereavement Pastoral Ministry is open to all.
• The ministry is rooted in the Christian faith and draws on the spiritual resources of the Church of England.
• Our telephone service offers pastoral ministry of compassionate listening, and the opportunity for prayer in the Christian tradition for those who would welcome it.
• Pastoral Ministers are skilled volunteers recruited from experienced clergy and licensed lay ministers.
• We operate a policy of confidentiality, within the safeguarding framework of the Church of England.
• We are not able to offer long-term bereavement care or counselling, though we can sign-post to other helping organisations.
• Callers will be invited to leave their name and phone number on an answering service, with a message undertaking to respond to the caller within 24 hours by phone contact from a Pastoral Minister. The phone line will be checked 5 days per week, and contact details passed to a volunteer Pastoral Minister who agrees to call within 24 hours.