John Taylor Hospice
|Organisation||John Taylor Hospice|
76 Grange Road
|Phone||0121 465 2000|
|Opening hours||John Taylor Hospice is open all day, every day. Some community services and clinics have specific hours - contact us on 0121 465 2000 if you need more information.|
|Accessibility details||Health professionals can refer patients to John Taylor Hospice online at https://www.johntaylorhospice.org.uk/referrals
Call 0121 465 2000 for more information or see www.johntaylorhospice.org.uk
John Taylor Hospice provides specialist palliative and end of life care for people in Birmingham and the West Midlands. Both at the hospice in Birmingham and in the local community, that care is ‘Taylor-made’ to the individual.
John Taylor offers 24-hour expert care at the hospice which is in Grange Road, Erdington. There families can visit at all hours of the day, access meals and even stay overnight if needed.
Hospice day services include Heart of the Hospice where people take part in activities, have a health check and enjoy each other's company.
Community care includes practical and emotional support for patients and their families.
Patients also have access to the support of specialist nurses, physiotherapy, dietetics, occupational therapy, pharmacy and complementary therapies.
The patient and family support worker can help with practical issues around disability benefits and housing while the Well-Being Team provides spiritual and emotional support to patients and their families.
In collaboration with Heart of England Foundation Trust consultant anaesthetists, John Taylor also runs the Pari Passu pain clinic which uses proven and effective treatments for pain management. The hospice’s Fatigue, Anxiety and Breathlessness Programme is a short course of self-management for people experiencing severe breathing difficulties.
Founded in 1910, John Taylor Hospice has been at the heart of Birmingham communities for more than 100 years. Its staff and volunteers are totally dedicated to making every moment matter for everyone they care for.
Today more than 600 people and their families will receive the care they need from John Taylor Hospice.
John Taylor Hospice’s specialist care and services for people with palliative and end of life conditions include:
• Round-the-clock expert care in the In-Patient Unit including respite breaks of one or two weeks
• Places in the regular day hospice
• Support for patients in their homes from the Multi-Disciplinary Team of dietitians, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, pharmacists and family support worker
• A team of clinical nurse specialists with specialisms including prostate cancer, neurological conditions and respiratory difficulties
• Visits and practical help from the Hospice at Home Team
• Appointments at the Pari Passu pain clinic which, in collaboration with HEFT, offers specialist and individual pain management treatments
• Places on the Fatigue, Anxiety and Breathlessness (FAB) for people experiencing severe breathing problems
|Categories||Home care and support,Counselling and listening,Day Centre,Loss, breakdown and bereavement,Family support|
- Staff are suitably qualified