Advice, guidance and information
|Organisation||Nishkam Civic Association|
6 Soho Rd,
Nishkam Information, Advice and Guidance (Nishkam IAG) offers free, impartial and confidential advice and advocacy to county court and tribunal level in:
• Debt and money advice
• Employment Law
• Housing Law
• Welfare Benefits and Social Security Law
Funded by the Big Lottery & Lloyds TSB Foundation we provide:
• Outreach services through our Birmingham Community Advice Project
• Drop-in and appointment services based at the Nishkam Centre through our Nishkam Advice & Advocacy Project
We are members of Advice UK which is the largest support network for free, independent advice centres.
Our team is made up of a solicitor, paralegals and caseworkers with over 40 years combined experience between them offering a very high quality specialist level service to clients.
Debt and money advice
We are able to provide free advice, representation and advocacy services to court level for individuals in most aspects of debt and money advice including:
Options on how to deal with your debts
Negotiating with creditors on your behalf
Assistance with filling out court forms relating to money matters
Assistance with filling out Bankruptcy Petitions
Disputing liability for debts
This service is offered under both the Reaching Communities and Birmingham Community Advice Projects.
We are able to provide free advice, representation and advocacy services to Tribunal level for individuals in all aspects of employment law including:
• Contracts of employment
• Unpaid wages
• Advice on grievance or disciplinary matters
• Redundancy & TUPE
• Making a claim in the Employment Tribunal
• Discrimination because of sex, age, race, religion, disability, pregnancy, maternity, sexual orientation , and marriage.
• Harassment and Victimisation
• Human Rights matters
Our adviser has a strong track record in providing advocacy for individuals in employment tribunal and employment appeal cases.
We are able to provide free advice, representation and advocacy services to court level for individuals in all aspects of housing law including:
• Rent arrears
• Possession proceedings and eviction notices
• Housing disrepair
• Anti-social behaviour
• Applications for housing
Our housing solicitor has extensive experience in all matters relating to housing.
|Categories||Advice and guidance|